Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide Part 2

Via
My first gift guide only mentioned the things you could possibly purchase for your loved ones this coming Holiday season. What I didn't mention were the experiences you could buy for your loved ones. We are all consumed (I'll be the first to admit it) with the idea of material wealth, but it was until I read an article in Science Daily that said "buying experiences, not possessions, leads to greater happiness." And I thought, "Can I get that in my stocking or under the Christmas tree?" So for this gift guide I suggest you really think about the person- ask yourself, "what would they want to do?" For example, if your friend likes adventurous activities: take them sky diving, white water rafting. If they like cooking: take them to a cooking class. If they love to exercise: maybe get them a gift certificate to try out a new type of exercise (hot yoga, spinning, rock climbing, pilates, trapeze class.) If they love languages: take them to a restaurant where they will be able to use the language. The possibilities are endless, and maybe you'll find a new activity you can enjoy together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!