Monday, March 14, 2011

Burnt Hand {Oh + Meyer Lemon Cookies+ Breakfast Pizza}

Saturdays are quickly becoming by cooking day. On the menu: Breakfast Pizza and Meyer Lemon Ricotta Cookies. I was really hesitant to trying the breakfast pizza, which included three eggs! But it turned out real nice, the mozzarella cheese was amazing, it was perfectly melted. We had to adapt the recipe to what we had, which wasn't really that much.
Later on in the day I made Meyer Lemon Cookies. I had a war with the hand held mixer, from like the '80's, that decided to spit out all of the butter and sugar, and eggs! So much fun. But once I got the hang of it, it was smooth sailing.
Until I burnt my hand: I took out a batch of the cookies with a cloth and placed on the counter to cool. I then move on to my next task. I completely forgot that I just took the cookies out, so when I went to move them I grabbed the searing HOT cookie sheet and burned my hand. I then proceeded to shout and scream and stick my hand into a bowl of freezing water. After about 20 minutes of crying I went back to work to finish the darn cookies (this time making sure I didn't touch anything hot). The cookies turned out really nice. The best part was the glaze. The Meyer lemons added such a sweet lemony taste that was absolute perfection. They were a perfect pick me up after the burnt hand. 

Cooking has become really enjoyable for me. My favorite part is when something goes horribly awry but then comes out surprising really good. Or watching someone else get pleasure out of what I made. Food is good.

1 comment:

Thanks for the love!