Monday, November 29, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Cupcakes for Thanksgiving
Every Thanksgiving my sister and I make a dessert this year we wanted to make turkey cupcakes. It is always a challenge for us to make, but we always make the best of it. This year we ran into a couple of problems: 1. we couldn't find the right ingredients (we went to two stores and couldn't find caramel jimmies, caramel frosting, and candy corn!) 2. the oven turned itself off- mid bake. 3. we made the cupcakes the night before, so when we put them into the refrigerator they got too moist, making it really difficult to frost the next day. Even with those set backs, they came out delicious. The cupcakes were pumpkin spice and we used chocolate frosting. 
The Ingredients 


Mixing


The base of the cupcake
Ginger Snaps and Reese's Pieces- the tail
The face
For some reason my camera won't let me import the pictures I had of the cupcakes assembled. They came out very good, but they were very temperamental to put together. My sister and I plan on making more recipes from the cookbook (mentioned here)



1 comment:

Thanks for the love!