Friday, May 20, 2011

Graduation Anxiety?

I can't call my four years of high school spectacular with tons of friends, parties, or boys. I don't see the quintessential experience that everyone calls "The Best Years of Your Life". My first year was actually really hard, I wasn't use to having minimal friends- so I didn't really enjoy my time despite a trip to Canada. As the time went, my grades finally caught up and I accepted my place in my schools social life. I went to Costa Rica and built strong relationships with my teachers. But I still looked forward to graduation- it would be my final release from a place that didn't house my fondest memories. I expected myself to feel more relieved to leave than sad. Today, however; I see things from a different perspective. I will miss my school, and the friendships I've developed. I received letters from my teachers and I couldn't help but feel completely grateful for all the things they had done for me. If I miss anything it will be my teachers, who despite all the homework always had my best interest at heart and were always so thoughtful. I was given one letter from my physics teacher, that at first glance really disturbed me, but after reading it about a dozen times I realized how kind, and profound it really was.
***
Ana,
In talking to you , I got the impression that maybe you felt like you were in someone else's shadow. You weren't.
 Keep working and be confident.
Sincerely, 
       

I graduate this Thursday and I have a lot of mixed feelings. I hope your weekend is awesome. I'm seeing my best friend graduate and then going to my middle school reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!