Monday, January 24, 2011

Pre-Valentines

i know it is more than a week until Valentines Day but i really couldn't stop myself from posting something Valentines Day related. Here are some really cute letters from Letters To Crushes.

You see, I lie a little every time I get on facebook. 

It asks me what's on my mind. 


It's always you, but I wouldn't dare post that.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Smart girl,
I want to learn to paint so I can paint for you.
I want to learn to sing so I can sing for you.
I want to learn to write songs so they can be about you.
I want to hold art in my hand and control it just so I can create visual metaphors for your beauty.
For now, I will just write to you. We stare at paintings together in museums to find their meanings, and I wish I knew the meaning of us.
Do you think we’ll ever be in a painting? Do you think I will have painted it? I hope that some day you know this is how I feel. Until then, my brain creates hypothetical songs and watercolors for you.
— Silly boy
-------------------------------------------
i'll tell you what the end of the world will be like.
it will be a final moment, both terrible and heartbreaking. absolute chaos. people running as fast as they ever have, cars filling every road and freeway, phone lines backed up trying to process millions of calls, fingers flying over keyboards, thumbs texting like rapid fire, long lines of people trying to cram themselves into subways and airplanes. all of them trying to tell someone else,
"i love you."
it's not the end of the world yet, but don't wait until then to tell them. the worst thing isn't the end of the world. it's what you didn't finish - what you didn't say when you had the chance.

---------------------------
The only time I've ever spoken to you directly, I used the word, "fan-diddly-astic".
*facepalm*

1 comment:

  1. i like this post. I like the picture of the two little girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!